WIPocalpyse 2012

Thursday 15 December 2011

my day


Thanks to Jo for running this online advent calendar. Today is my turn, yay..

I decided to share with you a stocking I completed a couple of years ago for ma wee boy.  I've also made a stocking for his sister and an advent calendar.  Am trying to stay away from ornaments as let's just say that finishing and me do not go together - this year's attempt is now residing in a landfill somewhere in Scotland lol !!.  (the stocking was very wonderfully made up by a dressmaker in town - I know my limits...)

As for traditions, I can't say as such that we have any as a family, but we do enjoy the  traditional
celebrations of eating and.drinking too much and watching Doctor Who of course. 

As a child our family attended midnight mass so we always got to open our presents after that, it was lovely with it being dark and all the christmas lights on, eating chocolate and arguing over who could play their new records first.. 

Now on Christmas Eve me and hubby usually share our presents as we count that as our anniversary of when we first got together and scarily this year will be our 20th together - where does the time go?



Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

13 comments:

  1. Well the stocking is beautifully stitching.
    Congratulations on 20 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo well that stocking looks lovely near the warm fire .... and cooo 20 years that's a wee while ... still got some catching up to do to us ...lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stocking is lovely!
    Dr Who is an unmissable Christmas tradition in our house too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stockings are so much fun we started doing them a few years ago as adults.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the pic, I'm with you on the finishing side of things!

    I also thought you might like this book for a family Christmas present-

    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/doctor+who3a+where27s+the+doctor3f/8646141/

    I'd love to hear how you and hubby got together on Christmas Eve too, is there a good story involving sherry and mince pies?!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lost half the link!
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/doctor+who3a+where27s+the+doctor3f/8646141/

    ReplyDelete
  7. weird, still doing it. Try again.

    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/
    doctor+who3a+where27s+the+doctor3f/8646141/
    take the "return" after products/ out and try that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, I like your tradition of watching Dr. Who! :D

    Congrats on 20 years, and here's wishing you many-a -twenty more. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on 20 years! I am with you on finishing...my non-stitching friends cannot understand how I can stitch but not sew...it's all very clear to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stocking is beautiful! I'm trying to get better about finishing--but I so relate to the addition to the landfill! LOL

    Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks  for the excellent post. I just bookmarked your site and look forward to returning from occasionally to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stocking is lovely. Hope you had a merry christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stocking is lovely. Hope you had a merry christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!