WIPocalpyse 2012

Sunday 9 November 2014

There's a nip in the air

Having had a relatively mild year so far it has come as a bit of a shock that it is cold now and wet and windy = ah the joys of autumn in Scotland but a great excuse to stay indoors and stitch which is my plans for today.

A quick update of what I've been up to since the summer - some wips and a couple of finishes, throw in a wee week in Tenerife and that's pretty much it - all quiet really.

I'm off to Harrogate in a couple of weeks to catch up with some stitchy friends and visit the Stitching Show - getting excited now!  Will have a quick look through my stash in the next week or so and see what I need to pick up when I'm there..

 This is my latest start - which is going to be a Leicester City football club shield for an uncle , I've got another couple to do for friends - pretty easy and effective


This is Bent Creek's October Snapper - I started this series years ago and I am finally down to two to do - this is my computer at work - I've moved into another office now at work and plan to have lots of cross stitch up on the walls to make it more cheerful for me, after all  I spend a lot of time there - thankfully now I get a view out of the window - it's not much of a view but at least I get to see some trees and sky and see the seasons change - otherwise the days pass without ever noticing the world around you, it's dark in the morning and dark at night



This is the first two pages of HAEDs mini sea of roses finished




Some Tenerife shots - nice to get a wee blast of warmth before the winter


This was my Tunnock's teacake bag which I managed to get finished up in times for my hols and it got plenty of use there.  So pleased with it as it actually looks and works really good!

I should really keep this blog up to date a bit more now  and catch up with reading everyone else's  as I've got more time on my hands now with DD having given up skating so got my weekends back - yay!   My bank balance is appreciating it as well.



6 comments:

  1. oooo must be the season for new offices with a view as I have one now as well :) love the rea cake bag and glad you had a nice time on hols .,... can't wait to meet up again seems ages since we saw each other :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold is starting early for us too and I'm NOT looking forward to it, but it does make for good stitch weather! Great progress on your pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great holiday. Lots of lovely stitching. It is nice to be able to see outside every once in a while during the work day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sun....lovely. Still, cold outside means lots of lovely stitching inside xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, shouldn't have looked at the Tenerife pictures, lol, it's blowing snow here! Congratulations on the view upgrade!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!