Back to work today – yuck, I have so enjoyed being off and not having to listen to my alarm and then woke up at half six this morning to find the world had gone all white again, at first this seems quite pretty now it is just getting plain annoying! Still put up my Bent Creek Snapper January Snows which for the first time in a long time is true for us.. I plan to actually have all these out this year – so far have only made it to March oops..
Have now realised that body is trying to rebel against me – recently I’ve been suffering from bad indigestion and heartburn and have now concluded that the main culprit appears to be chocolate (as I found out today when I ate a Rose’s chocolate that was still in my desk from before Christmas, that’ll teach me) – it is just so unfair! Still maybe it is my subconscious just telling me to stop being such a greedy gannet or I’ll never get into the dress I need to wear to my cousin’s wedding in February lol..
Found this over on Cheryl’s blog and have shamelessly stolen it as thought it a pretty good way of summing up a year:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Meet more of the ladies from Friendly Stitchers
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? No and no
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
4. Did anyone close to you die? No
5. What countries did you visit? Turkey, Wales, England
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A pair of size 12 jeans
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory? It was all a bit of a sameness
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing Joe’s stocking in time
9. What was your biggest failure? Not getting the size 12 jeans lol..
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? A rather irritating irritated nerve in my neck
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new bed
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? The kids weren’t too bad ..
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? The government
14. Where did most of your money go? The house, the car, groceries – nothing exciting at all..
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going on our free holiday
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2009? Florence and the machine - lungs
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Happier
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spending time with kids
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Work
20. How did you spend Christmas? At home with hubby and kids and then a friend came over to join us later for dinner
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with? Husband
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? No – just stayed in love
23. How many one night stands in this last year? No real ones but do fantasy one night stands count?
24. What was your favourite TV programme(s)? Fringe, Coronation Street, reruns of Gilmore Girls
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No
26. What was the best book(s) you read? Liked Time and Chance by Sharon Penman
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Florence and the Machine
28. What did you want and get? New bedroom furniture
29. What did you want and not get? Nothing springs to mind
30. What were your favourite films of this year? Only seemed to have seen kid’s movies this year
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 38 but it was last January so really can’t remember
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A little bit more cash
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Jeans and stripy tops – I just can’t stop buying stripy tops
34. What kept you sane? Stitching, diet coke
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Will have to a wee think about that for a while .. though Bruce Springsteen was looking pretty good
36. What political issue stirred you the most? MP expenses – aaah
37. Who did you miss? Still miss my mum
38. Who was the best new person (people) you met? Meeting the Friendly Stitchers in real life
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? You can get through most everything and I really need to get out the house more..
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year? “Money’s too tight to mention”
No stitchy pictures as i just haven't got round to it - currently working on Homer and Mylene's piece of the round robin , this should be onward bound shortly.
Thanks for stopping by and wishing you all a good 2010.